On average, the majority of the people who uses the internet right now does not know what a proxy server is, or they only have a vague understanding about it.
There is no shame of admitting that you are one of those people, and you might have even used one before just to unblock your favorite website content that is not available in your country for many reasons, or you might be one of those who freaks out in reading articles like this about the dangers of using a public WiFi network that is why you are using a proxy server.
In reality, proxy servers do a lot more than what you expect, and little do many know, a lot of companies out there are taking the full advantages of its usability which for many business owners are vital for their company’s success.
To be fair, there is no grandeur or a great big mystery behind the remarkable functionality of a proxy server, it is just an intermediary mechanism between a computer that has a private IP address and another server that operates on the internet. A proxy server has its own IP address which is made to be available for everyone or it has turned into a public by the people who operate it, while for some, it only poses a seemingly insignificant change, the IP address that serves as the proxy server has become a vital asset for businesses especially when it comes to security and improved customer experience.
In this article from tubeunblock, let us talk about the five vital corporate reasons why proxy servers are a very important aspect in leading business to its success.
- CORPORATE AND INSTITUTIONAL SECURITY IMPROVEMENT- Cybersecurity has been long fighting a dragging and hefty war against cybercriminals specifically hackers. Data breach is common nowadays that cybersecurity has to beef up its innovations in stopping these criminals from finding weaknesses to its potential victim. Not only financial losses, but hacking can also destroy someone’s image, but proxy servers over the years helped in reducing the chances of system breach through encrypting all the tunneled information from the user and the server itself leaving hackers only but static information which is totally not useful.
- ANONYMOUSLY DOING TASKS- Proxies are best known for its anonymity in the watchful eye of the world wide web. However, a lot of people do not realize its importance especially when it comes to businesses. Any potential spies who track specific businesses are prevented from capturing any information through tunneling this confidential information anonymously at the same time untraceable.
- BALANCED TRAFFIC IN ITS SERVER- Proxy sites often have multiple servers that run smoothly. This is to prevent server crash due to heavy traffic in its serves by providing cloud data storage and peering to improve the customer experience.
- MONITORS EMPLOYEE INTERNET USAGE- In business, efficiency at work is crucial to its success but there are employees out there who love to procrastinate most of their working hours or they visit inappropriate sites, that is why internal networks in a business should be run by a proxy server.
- FASTER BROWSING SPEEDS- Proxy servers serve as working machines that catch most of the traffic and load from the main server thus giving the main server an increased internet speed and also to save bandwidth due to the diverted traffic going to the proxy server.